I woke up at midnight, 1:30, and 4:00 AM this morning in pain again. I did not take another of the pain killers until 4AM, but it was still before the 8 hours.
I called my rheumy and made an appointment. I was really struggling to walk when I got to my appointment. My heart rate was 111, super high due to the pain I was in. She took a look at my joints and when she squeezed them, they did not hurt more than before. They just hurt the same; consistent and non-stop. She said this is not typical and not specifically due to inflammation. If it were inflammation, touching them would hurt and the high doses of prednisone would have controlled it.
She thinks that because when I shift my body into different positions and it helps to reduce pain and since the prednisone is not working that I may have nerve damage in my lumbar. She asked if I had an numbness or back pain, but I have not any more than my normal sore back.
She has ordered an MRI for me and I am going on Wednesday morning. However, the insurance company has not yet approved. She said they have been giving her a hard time about MRIs, but that an x-ray will not show her anything about what is going on with me.
She sent me away with hydrocodon-acetaminophen for the pain and Lyrica for nerve relaxation. The Lyrica she said should help me sleep through the entire night, which I know Tim will appreciate. So far today, I have not had awful pain since I got home around 2PM. It seems that the pain gets really bad throughout the night and lasts all morning. Hopefully the new pain killer will help with the pain in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment